Eye Doctors serving patients in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake
‘Buy Local’ also applies to your eye wear
By Gontarek Eye Care – 5/15/16
If you’re a “Buy Local” fan, please remember that those same principles apply to a local eye care clinic like ours.
There are many great reasons why Buying Local in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach and Norfolk helps your family and our communities, says the American Independent Business Alliance:
• Strengthen our local economy: Each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns 3 times more money to our local economy than one spent at a chain such as Sam’s Club and almost 50 times more than buying from an online mega-retailer like 1800Contacts.com.
• Get real value for yourself: Surveys repeatedly show independent businesses beat their chain competitors in overall customer satisfaction and often save you money.
• Create jobs and opportunities: Not only do independent businesses employ more people directly per dollar of revenue, they also are the customers of local printers, accountants, marketing companies, etc., and further the Buy Local approach.
The bottom line is, when consumers buy from big box stores or online retailers, most of those earnings head out of our city and state where they are used by CEOs to expand their number of big box stores nationally and internationally, or to gobble up competitors.
At our eye care clinic, our optometrists continually reinvest our earnings to better serve you and your family. For instance, in the past 12 months we added a fourth full Examination Room to decrease patient wait times and increase efficiency. Our eye doctors also invested in three new pieces of cutting-edge diagnostic equipment:
• Optomap Retinal Imaging device: used to obtain an ultra-wide digital image of the retina without the need for dilation drops, and helps our optometrists detect signs of diabetes, hypertension, tumors, retinal tears and detachments, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and other eye diseases or disorders.
• Optical Coherence Tomographer: performs high-resolution cross-sectional imaging of the retina in 2D and 3D, and allows our eye doctors to see early pathology such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, and macular holes.
• Zeiss Atlas Corneal Topographer: allows our optometrists to provide an excellent fitting contact lens in very difficult-to-fit corneas. This device also maps the cornea and allows us to detect abnormalities in surface curvature and internal areas of interference to light transmission through the eyes lens and cornea.
Not all big box eye care centers or local eye care practices in Chesapeake, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake have these technologies because they require significant financial investment. WE DO because our eye doctors feel we can provide better customer service on a more personal level. No shortcuts.
If you use a big box store or online giant for your eye glasses or contact lenses, we encourage you to rethink that approach. We offer many deals that keep our prices competitive and are available only to independent eye care clinics like ours. If you have any questions, please contact us at (757) 966-2206 or by clicking here.
For more info on the benefits of buying local visit American Independent Business Alliance.
About our eye care clinic
Since 2010, our eye doctors have provided families in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake with the best eye care possible. Our optometrists are rooted in the philosophy of good old fashioned honesty and customer service – and our patients appreciate that. Our eye doctors and staff provide help with contact lenses, retinal tears, retinal detachments, macular degeneration, glaucoma, eye diseases, diabetic eye disease, macular holes, and more.